The Fayetteville Observer is looking for a dependable individual with an above average mechanical aptitude to set up, operate, maintain and repair the packaging department equipment that processes our many newspaper and commercial printing products. The ideal candidate should possess the following experience, skills and abilities:
- Previous newspaper experience preferred.
- Capable of passing a pre-employment drug screening.
- Ability to read and understand written and electronic documentation.
- Capable of learning quickly and following departmental and company procedures, policies and techniques regarding the daily operation of the equipment.
- Must be capable of standing and walking for extended periods of time, as well as squatting, kneeling and some lifting. Must learn to operate all material handling equipment.
- Must be able to communicate and cooperate with others in both large and small group situations.
- Able to learn the basic operation of a personal computer.
- Prior experience supervising a group of up to 20 people.
- Prior experience working under deadline situations.
- Goss 630/632 experience preferred.
The work hours for this position will vary some each week and assignments will include weekends and holidays.
Our compensation package includes, health, dental, vision, life, a 401(k) program and a profit sharing plan.
The Fayetteville Observer
Attn: Lee Jividen
458 Whitfield Street
Fayetteville, NC 28306